An entrepreneurial and innovative marketing professional who can strategically allocate resources, set achievable timelines, and manage teams and projects effectively, I bring a solid work history of demonstrated excellence and cross-channel experience.
Armed with this experience, I know how to develop and manage integrated marketing campaigns and deliver effective results against specific objectives.
I am a relentless pursuer of excellence and exemplary leader who excels in a deadline-driven environment, exceeds expectations, and makes meaningful and lasting contributions.
Want to learn more about what I’ve done? Browse this site to read some of the highlights. And check out some testimonials to hear what past employers, clients, and colleagues have shared.
- Develop and manage strategic marketing projects ranging from new product launches to print collateral and direct-mail campaigns.
- Collaborate with leadership to craft whitepapers and presentations sharing best practices, recommendations, and guidelines for B2B and B2C marketing campaigns.
- Researched and investigated funding opportunities through civic, corporate, foundation, and governmental organizations
- Crafted proposals requesting funding in support of performance, educational, and community-based arts performances specifically geared toward offering programs to diverse and low-income audiences
- Developed and implemented strategic marketing programs for Health categories in the Retail business unit – building and maintaining collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization to create effective, multi-channel programs that achieve aggressive sales goals.
- Managed and executed a wide range of projects (signage, off-shelf fixtures, direct-mail, and in-store test programs) for all health categories – securing alignment from all levels of the organization to promote sales while protecting the brand.
- Leveraged expertise to guide product suppliers and Merchandising team in the development of customized promotional plans to support Rx-to-OTC launches with the goal of exceeding fair share.
- Created innovative account management tools and processes that consider all aspects of work process and products to save manhours and financial resources.
Think Out Loud Communications
Account management consultant with access to a consortium of independent creative and technical talent.
- In this role, I engaged in a long-term relationship with a local technology firm where I served as the go-to marketing resource for this company’s customers — consulting and advising on marketing strategy and managing projects for multiple marketing channels.
- For one client, I consulted on an electronic media plan for a regional accounting firm (including blog and e-communications, as well as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) to build the brand’s equity and cement their leadership role in the market.
Multi-billion-dollar organization that is the world's largest office products company and second largest internet retailer.
- As a contractor, I managed a variety of marketing projects for four business unit clients — including Staples’ own brand — liaising between creative teams and clients to ensure that deliverables met planned objectives, were delivered within time and budget parameters, and were consistent with the brand look and voice.
- While there, I developed a new tool for managing large, multi-product photo shoots which saves time for staff photographers and provides an easy-to-use reference for clients.
- During a contract assignment, I oversaw the marketing communications needs for two product lines for this consumer packaged goods company — managing vendor partner relationships and a $1M budget, including media buy, digital marketing initiatives, social media, consumer events, and media outreach.
- Further, I leveraged my extensive e-marketing experience to recommend innovative e-commerce tactics to aid the company in reaching their objectives for targeted consumers and market penetration.
- While there, I led the creation of an account management tier, developing and cultivating several agency accounts, including Dimeo Construction and Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island — growing each account by as much as 70% in 18 months.
- I concepted and wrote dozens of original posts for the Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation — using my experience as a subject matter expert to offer marketing tips to small businesses.
- In addition, I took on additional responsibilities as needed, including: supervising team members; performing customer service training for junior staff to increase their value to the agency; and, conducting the agency’s first-ever job cost analysis which uncovered thousands of dollars in lost revenue.
- On a contract assignment, I provided event marketing management and expertise on an ad hoc basis, delivering experienced turnkey trade show management to select clients — services ranged from space selection and exhibit production, to onsite client service and supervision of exhibit installation.
- In addition, I initiated and drafted a strategic plan to identify this agency’s big-picture goals in order to direct their growth more effectively.
- In my first-ever marketing position (and with no previous industry experience), I led and fostered this trade show company’s most successful account management team in 400% growth over five years. The team focused on biopharmaceutical and medical device clients, and was responsible for one-third of the company’s revenue.
- I managed dozens of successful project teams for A-list clients (including Amgen Oncology, Land Rover North America, and Immunex Corporation) — organizing teams of exhibit designers, graphic designers, sales and production staff.
- In addition, I developed strategic creative and logistic trade show plans for clients — plans which met marketing objectives, achieved quantifiable results, and fit within budgets.
- Johnson & Wales University (’12) – MBA Foundation courses in preparation for completing that degree
- Leadership Rhode Island (’11) – Eta II Class
- Brown University (’08) – Creative Writing Continuing Education course
- Bucknell University (’89) – B.A.